Sunday, May 25, 2014

Dragon Pizza

Our friends son loves dragons. I often think about him when I see dragon-y things. One funny story is that he was given the opportunity, by his parents, to select a middle name for his younger brother and chose "dragon" for the name.

Recently this little boy (8 years old) had to have surgery, so we brought his family dinner. We thought pizza would go over well with the kids and I thought it would be fun to cut a dragon shape out of one of the pizzas for him. When asked what part of the dragon he wanted to eat first, he responded with "the tail." Haha! We brought over some "dragon wings" (BBQ chicken wings) too.

Dragon Pizza:

I used a dragon image that I found online as a guide when creating this pizza. I had to simplify the image so that it would be easier to cut out.

Dragon Pizza Tutorial:

Step #1 - Trace / Cut Out Image

 Step #2 - Bake Pizza / Cut Around Image

Step # 3 - Finishing Details

I didn't like the way the head turned out so I simplified it. I added some detail on the wings too with pepperoni slices.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment