Saturday, April 26, 2014

Lava Cake, Creme Brulee, Strawberry Cheesecake

Godiva chocolate has been making some unique truffle flavors.

The chocolate Lava Cake Truffle was the first to catch my eye in the store.

Lava Cake Truffle

The lava cake truffle had a little bit of liquid chocolate hidden inside, but the flavor did not remind me of the cake. Godiva must have used a darker chocolate for them and I'm not a big fan of dark chocolate.
 I was introduced to the other two truffle flavors at Target.

Creme Brulee Truffle

The chocolate they used for their creme brulee truffle was really good. It reminded me of Lindt chocolates, which are my favorite. I didn't taste a creaminess when eating the truffle. Maybe a hint of white chocolate. The main flavor was the liquid caramel and chocolate. It kind of reminded me of eating a caramello bar. Although they did not execute perfectly on their flavor idea, I did still really enjoy the truffle.

Strawberry Cheesecake Truffle

Godiva did a pretty good job getting the flavor right for their strawberry cheesecake truffle. I could taste a creaminess and the strawberry chocolate flavor was good. 

Variety Pack 

I would recommend buying the variety pack and sample all 3 of them to find out which ones you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment