Saturday, April 26, 2014

Buckeye Cookies

I was so excited to find these cookies in the bakery section at LifeSource Natural Foods. I love their idea to create a cookie that resembles the ever popular buckeye candies.

I personally, am a big fan of the chocolate peanut butter flavor combination and can't wait to try these.

Update: Today, I tried the chocolate PB cookie on the left hand side of the picture below. My review follows.

Flavor - The base of the cookie was not very chocolatey, but I did appreciate the chocolate chips sprinkled throughout. The cookie was a little over sweetened. The PB portion was flavorful.

Texture -  The cookie was a little dry and crumbly. I've actually made similar cookies to these in size and texture using this bloggers recipes.
Cookie Assembly- It looks like the chocolate cookie was topped with peanut butter dough and the baker used their fingers to press it down in the center. Both parts of the cookie seemed to bake evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment